Monday, February 28, 2011

Lady Gaga Inspired

For 2011, MAC named Lady Gaga their spokesperson for MAC Viva Glam.  This years look and color is totally different from last years collaboration with Cyndi Lauper.  For this year, Lady Gaga is elegant, with neutral makeup and very beautiful.  There will be a new lipstick and lipglass for the Viva Glam campaign which should be out at MAC stores and counters nationwide.

Lady Gaga for MAC Cosmetics


The two products:

My Inspired Gaga FOTD:


Just me

When I first saw the ad campaign for Viva Glam, I was like WOW! Lady Gaga is so beautiful, so ethereal.  Unlike last year's bright pink lipstick, this years is more neutral and laid back, which I love.  I love how the use of pinks and browns were used for the makeup and also love the styling of the fashion.

And Yes! I'm not no Gaga, so my look is probably a bit less elegant and not as close as the picture, but I tried.  I just love the subtlety of the look and know that the look is something many of us could wear.  I did not use the Viva Glam lipstick for this look as it did not come out yet when I did the look.  I do plan to pick up the lipstick and lipglass, and when I do, I'll post up some swatches and pictures.

What I used:

Face:
Neutrogena concealer, Smashbox Halo powder, MAC Tenderling Blush
Eyes:
MAC Bare Study p/p, Urban Decay Naked palette, MAC Studio Fix mascara, Blacktrack f/l, Shisem lashes
Lips:
NYX pumpkin lipstick

Have you been Lady Gaga Inspired lately?

simplybeautiful
 
(This post was also blogged about on my other blog BoxedupBeauty)

4 comments:

Covered In Chocolate said...

I wanna try the lipstick too!

Shop N' Chomp said...

So pretty! I love how you took it and made it your own. =D

(The Oscars weren't the best so you didn't miss much! But yeah, check out the movies when you can ;)

Unknown said...

A lot of people are loving this lipstick :p I barely got around to getting the first ones that came out :p

Covered In Chocolate said...

I ended up getting the lipstick. I like how it's a warm nude and not a vampire looking nude. LOL- I top it off w/ lip gloss and it looks nice.