Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sephora says "BYE BYE" to Laura Geller

If you haven’t noticed! On Sephora.com, Laura Geller Cosmetics has been on the sale page for some time now. Most of the items are discounted at least 25% off if not more. At first thought, I was like WOW! Laura Gellar products are being discounted, what is going on? I love the Baked Blushes and Bronzers from the line, but was not too sure why they were being discounted. Come the other day, I walked into a Sephora store and saw a 30% off sign by the Laura Geller products, and asked one of the M.A.s about it. To my surprise, she told me that Laura Geller’s contract with Sephora has been up and Sephora is phasing her line out of its shelves all across the United States. That is just the information I got from the MA at the store. I figured if they are discounting and not restocking, then it must be a sign of “bye bye Laura Geller”. Remember Vincent Longo and Napoleon Perdis? (Though some items are still lingering on the sale page of sephora online.) Too bad when I really knew what was going on, there was not much left at Sephora or online. There are still some sets and eye shadows available online and at the storefront, but you must hurry, cause there are only a select few. All of the blushes and brightens are gone! Gone! One of my Favorites from the Laura Geller Cosmetics Line: Bronze and Brighten:

I love this product. Awesome bronzer with swirls of rose, whites, pinks mixed in. When I need a bronzer, I just swirl my Lancome blush brush and apply; hey I could even use it as an eye shadow, as the brown in it is perfect for a quick neutral eye color. Before its completely phased out, make sure to check out sephora.com or at their stores for any Laura Geller products at discounted price. (Products should still be available on the Laura Geller site. Please go there if you cannot find any of your faves at sephora) simplybeautiful

7 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

I noticed this on the website too. It's always so sad when they have to say "bye bye". :(

Anonymous said...

I was so sad when Napoleon was phased out of Sephora... you should check out the Napoleon Blush Patrol - it looks like the Bronze and Brighten!

Mary said...

Thanks! that means a trip to Target..hopefully they have it!

Laura L said...

long time no see... ha, I'm so sorry that too much blog to be catch up.
U have try that E.house products too?

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hey Mary! Thx for feeling my pain. :( Maybe you can share your product fails with us readers when you get a chance? :) Happy Friday!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

mary, when i try to read your posts from google subscriptions it only gives me really old posts from 9 months ago. is feedburner the reason?

SwatchCrazee said...

i only have one laura geller item and it's the bronze n brighten blush which i love.