Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Fun and Spring Green FOTD

This weekend was super fun and ended way too fast! Its already Monday, why??.

Saturday night, I was at the Strawberry Festival in town with the friends and Mr. H.  Went to an awesome concert and had fun riding rides.  We didn't eat much but had some awesome Strawberry Cheesecake..which was yummmy. I ate it so fast, I totally forgot to take a picture of it. Sorry, maybe next year!

I was able to do a FOTD this weekend and decided I'll play with some color instead of my regular neutral colors. The colors I chose to use were a mix of greens; from bright green to olive greens, and some soft browns.  With St Patrick's Day coming up and the start of the Spring Season, I wanted a fresh new green look that is wearable and also fun!

Fresh Green FOTD


 

  

  

Products used: 
Eyes: MAC e/s in Shimmermoss, Scrumptious Olive, Espresso, Shroom
Cover Girl Shimmering Onyx, Sephora Green Creme liner, MAC Studio Fix mascara
Smashbox Photolid primer
Cheeks/Face: Sonia Kashuk Concealer palette, MAC Gingerly and Springsheen blushes

Lips: MAC Bare slimshine, 3n lipstick


Some quick pics of the fair: (I was uber busy, so I totallly forgot to take most pictures)

There's the stage! You see Strawberries??
 
 Rides at night!!
 
I had an awesome weekend! Hopefully all of you had a great one as well! Looking forward to what this weekend has in store for me!

simplybeautiful

12 comments:

Swtest2Lips said...

Looked like so much fun! I wished we had stuff like that around here. Very pretty fotd Mary!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

:) we were thinking the same thing! great look, girl. i love greens

Shop N' Chomp said...

Omg, I love strawberries! Wish I got to taste that strawberry cheesecake...*drools*. Love this FOTD. The green compliments your brown eyes nicely. :)

Angelique said...

Strawberry festival?? That's so cute!!

Love that green eyeshadow on you. It's very pretty!

Laura L said...

i wish i can join the strawberry festival. In Malaysia, there's only the stinky Durian festival (I hate durian), paddy festival, which I didn't get the chance to celebrate.

Lisa said...

I like the new layout!
Your weekend did look like fun!

Tina-Bobeena said...

neat blending!!!! i need to practice more on that. LOL but yum...next year..over night some cheesecake. jk!

Mary said...

Thanks girls, took me forever to get the look down..lol..its spring and green was the way to go.
Strawberry festival..-my city is known for growing strawberries, that's why we have a festival..too bad i totally for got to take pictures of the cheesecake..next time

Swtest2Lips said...

Wow, cheesecake at the festival 2? ....sooo yummy! I swear, when it comes to cheesecake, I have no self control. lol


Mary, its actually super simple doing a gradient mani! Its waaayyy easier doing a gradient mani than a regular one-even with uncoordinated hands since you're just using a sponge to dab it on! I made a complete mess and just cleaned up whatever was smeared on my skin. You should def try it! Its fun and pretty mistake proof (imo) :-)

Lisa said...

The festival looked like so much fun!!
How do you like the Sonia Kashuk concealer? Is it the Hidden Agenda one??

I've nominated you for 3 Blogger Awards! YAY!
Check it out on my page:
http://livaphotos.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogger-awards.html

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

awww. why can't you wear earrings?

Unknown said...

*mmm* strawberries and *mmm* strawberry cheesecake! that festival sounds fun! and i bet it was yummy too! hehe! ;P